Knowledgeable guides willentertain you with the most interesting stories about Presidents, Congress, memorials, and parks.
知识渊博的导游将向您讲解关于总统、国会、纪念馆和公园的趣味轶事。
2018全国卷
名词::entertainer
过去式::entertained
过去分词::entertained
现在分词::entertaining
第三人称单数::entertains
"He entertained the notion of moving to South America"
"bear a grudge"
"entertain interesting notions"
"harbor a resentment"
1.使快乐;给…以娱乐;使有兴趣
If a performer, performance, or activity entertains you, it amuses you, interests you, or gives you pleasure.
e.g. ...games and ideas toentertain children...
带给孩子们快乐的游戏和想法
e.g. They were entertained by top singers, dancers and celebrities...
顶级歌手、舞蹈演员和名人们给他们带来娱乐。
2.招待;款待
If youentertain people, you provide food and drink for them, for example when you have invited them to your house.
e.g. I don't like toentertain guests anymore...
我再也不想招待客人了。
e.g. You weren't allowed toentertain men in your rooms even with a chaperone...
即使你有监护人陪同,也不允许在房间里招待男性。
3.考虑,心存,怀有(主意、建议等)
If youentertain an idea or suggestion, you allow yourself to consider it as possible or as worth thinking about seriously.
e.g. I feel how foolish I am toentertain doubts...
我竟然心存怀疑,真是太愚蠢了。
e.g. I wouldn'tentertain the idea of such an unsociable job.
我不会考虑从事这种不跟人打交道的工作。
1. 招待:美方要招待(entertain)马英九并不是为了陈水扁. 毕竟,马英九身兼台北市长和国民党主席,两者都是很重要的职位. 加上他是2008年总统宝座的热门人选,显示他本身是位极具影响力的政治人物. "由于马英九并不是(台湾)政府官员,
2. 款待:死了的他,角色改变;为了款待 (entertain) 同样至为考究(most exclusive)的蛆虫,他如今中规中矩(correct)躺在棺木内-这些蛆虫似乎「肉不正,不食」呢?正是以其治人之道,还治其身.
3. 招待;娱乐:enrich 丰富 |entertain 招待;娱乐 | evaluate 评价
他的幽默故事使我们大家都很开心。
A teacher should entertain as well as teach.教师不仅要教书,也要激起学生的兴趣。
I like to entertain friends with music and refreshments at home.我喜欢在家里用音乐和茶点招待朋友。
It was futile to entertain such a question.考虑这样一个问题是没有用的。
I have never entertained any illusions about him.我从来没有对他抱过幻想。
The human soul is hospitable, and will entertain conflicting sentiments and contradictory opinions with much impartiality.人类的灵魂是能够容纳一切的,它毫不偏袒地接受互相对立的感情和互相矛盾的意见。
The job involves a lot of entertaining.这项工作需要经常设宴招待客人。
Barbecues are a favourite way of entertaining friends.烤肉野餐是最受人喜爱的待客方式。
He entertained us for hours with his stories and jokes.他既讲故事又说笑话,把我们逗得乐了好几个小时。
The aim of the series is both to entertain and inform.这个系列节目旨在集知识和娱乐为一体。
He had entertained hopes of a reconciliation.他曾对和解抱有希望。
to entertain a doubt/suspicion持怀疑态度
...games and ideas to entertain children...带给孩子们快乐的游戏和想法
They were entertained by top singers, dancers and celebrities...顶级歌手、舞蹈演员和名人们给他们带来娱乐。
I don like to entertain guests anymore...我再也不想招待客人了。
You weren allowed to entertain men in your rooms even with a chaperone...即使你有监护人陪同,也不允许在房间里招待男性。
I feel how foolish I am to entertain doubts...我竟然心存怀疑,真是太愚蠢了。
I wouldn entertain the idea of such an unsociable job.我不会考虑从事这种不跟人打交道的工作。
We entertain a firm belief in the final victory.我们对最后胜利抱有坚定的信念.
It is her destiny to entertain others and to be used and then abused Osmond.这是她的命运招待别人,用来然后滥用奥斯蒙德.
entertain outsider to stay overnight or brought inside the dormitory.留外人住宿或带外人进入宿舍.
In addition, if the players refused to entertain signing day will be disqualified.此外, 如果选手拒绝与天娱签约也将被取消参赛资格.
Most pop songs tell simple stories about love and are written to entertain people.大多数流行歌曲讲述关于爱情的简单故事,以愉悦人们.
I am afraid we cannot entertain your claim as it have nothing to do with us.恐怕我们不能接受你方索赔,因为这与我们无关.
Stage shows were laid on to entertain the foreign guests.安排几场演出招待那些外宾.
She loves to talk, dance and entertain.她喜欢谈话 、 跳舞和招待客人.
A day, his neighbour uses the room of his home to abandon fete to entertain guests.一天, 他的邻居借用他家的房舍设宴请客.
Simon : You want to win, you want to prove a point, and you want to entertain.你想要赢, 你想要用行动证明你的能力, 你渴望娱乐!
Bear this in mind next time you entertain the idea of running your own show.假若今后你有“秀秀自己”的想法,不妨想想我的这些话.
I confess am a little disappointed; we have endeavoured to entertain you, Timothy William.我承认我有点失望; 我们努力招待你了, 提摩太威廉.
You entertain him while I deliver the note.我去送通知,你在这儿逗着他玩.
At present, we cannot entertain your count offer, as our price is quite reasonable.l译:因我们的价格订得相当合理, 故目前不打算考虑贵方的还盘.
They entertain a great deal.他们常常招待客人.
entertaining a friendly correspondence with the orthodox Queen Theodelinda.
出自:H. H. MilmanKnowledgeable guides willentertain you with the most interesting stories about Presidents, Congress, memorials, and parks.
知识渊博的导游将向您讲解关于总统、国会、纪念馆和公园的趣味轶事。
2018全国卷