求职面试
B:What leadership qualities did you develop as an administrative personnel?
作为行政人员,你有什么样的领导才能?
goal
A:I feel that learning how to motivate people and to work together as a team will be the majorgoal of my leadership./I have refined my management style by using an open-door policy.
我觉得学习如何把人们的积极性调动起来,以及如何配合协同的团队精神,是我行政工作的主要目标。/我以开放式的政策,改进我的行政管理方式。
B:How do you normally handle criticism?
你通常如何处理別人的批评?
A:Silence is golden. Just don't say anything; otherwise the situation could become worse. I do, however, accept constructive criticism. /When we cool off, we will discuss it later.
沈默是金。不必说什么,否则情况更糟,不过我会接受建设性的批评。/我会等大家冷靜下来再讨论。
Football-(美式橄榄球)
B:Wow, American football is more exciting than I thought.
哇,美式足球可比我想象的刺激多了。
A:You’re in America now, my British friend. We just call it football.
我的英国朋友,你现在可是在美国,我们叫它橄榄球。
goal的意思
B:Oh, right. So, I can’t quite follow what’s going on…who’s winning?
哦,对了。哦,我不知道情况怎么样了,谁赢了?
A:The Giants are up by three points because of the fieldgoal they kicked, but the Redskins have the ball and there pretty close to the end zone.
因为射门得分,巨人队领先3分。但现在是红人队控球,而且很接近底线区了。
B:Wow! What a hit!
哇,瞧这球!
A:Yeah, he tackled him so hard his helmet came off.
是呀,他拼命抢球头盔都掉了。
B:Is he ok?
他没事吧?
A:It looks like it, he’s getting up.
好像是,他站起来了。
B:I guess he hit him too hard; the referee just called a penalty on the home team.
我猜他强得太凶,裁判判罚主队。
goal的解释
A:The Giants?
你是说巨人队?
goal的解释
B:Yeah.
是呀。
A:Well, here we go again.
哦,又继续打了。
B:What happened? Why did everyone get so quiet?
怎么回事?大家都不说话了。
goal的翻译
A:The Redskin’s quarterback just threw a touchdown pass for seven points. We’re losing again.
红人队的四分卫触地板回了7分,我们又输了。