"the child worked at the multiplication table until she had it down cold"
1. 从事于,致力于:word for word 逐字地;一字不变地 |workat 从事于,致力于 |work off 排除;清理;卖掉
2. 钻研;从事于,致力于:wear out用破;磨损;使筋疲力尽 |workat钻研;从事于,致力于 |work out解决;想出,制定出
3. 从事,致力于:19.word for word 逐字地 | 20.workat 从事,致力于 | 21.work on 从事;对...有影响
4. work at的意思
4. 从事,用功:65.work on继续工作,努力做; | 66.workat从事,用功; | 67.devote one's life to把生命贡献给----;
我在上大学时懒得要命。
I started work at dawn and returned only at nightfall.我披星戴月地工作。
If it's all the same to you, I'd rather work at home.如果对你来说没什么差别,我宁愿在家中工作。
I was out of work at the time.那时我失业了。
The co-op sells the art work at exhibitions.这家合作社在展览会上销售艺术品。
Generally I get to work at 9.30am.我通常上午9点半到单位。
They start work at dawn .天一亮他们就开始干活了。
I find it hard to work at home because there are too many distractions.我发觉在家里工作很难,因为使人分心的事太多。
I start work at nine.我每天九点开始工作。
I used to work at a tobacconist's, and I found it quite interesting.从前我在一家纸烟店工作, 我对那里的工作很感兴趣.
After he felt better, he searched for work at the various mills.他感到好些后, 就在各工厂找工作.
The committee judged it better to start the work at once.委员会认为最好立即开始这项工作.
We started our work at eight.我们八点钟开始工作.
They stopped work at sunset.他们日落时收工.
We often work at night.我们常在夜里工作.
就业和工作
B:What do you do?
你是做什么的?
A:Iwork full-timeat the (hospital/ library/ supemp3arket).
我在(医院/图书馆/超市)做全职。
表达思想和观点
A:Have you made a decision about your job yet?
关于你的工作,你做了决定了吗?
B:Not yet. I’m still considering my options.
没有,我还在考虑我的选择。
A:What are they?
什么选择啊?
work at
B:I can stayat my current job and hope that they give me a promotion soon.
我可以还做现在的工作,但希望他们很快给我升职。
A:Or?
或者呢?
B:Or I can take the new job for less money and more responsibilities and hope that they give me a raise soon.
或者我选择少挣点钱但责任更大的工作,而且希望他们能很快给我加薪。
A:So what is more important to you, money or a challenge?
那什么对你更重要呢,钱还是挑战?
B:I’d rather find mywork challenging than make a lot of money. But there is the possibility that I could be challengedatwork and make more money.
与挣很多钱相比,我更希望工作具有挑战性。但是既有挑战又能挣很多钱的工作也是有可能的。
A:I think I know what you’re going to decide.
我觉得我知道你会怎么决定了。
work at
B:What?
什么?
A:Well, I don’t think you’re a risk-taker. That’s all I’m going to say.
嗯,我不觉得你是是个敢于冒险的人,这就是我想说的。
B:Do you think I should be?
你觉得我应该冒险吗?
work at是什么意思
A:I’m not going to tell you what to decide. You have to make the decision for yourself.
我不会告诉你做什么决定。你应该自己决定。
B:Do you think I should take more risks?
你觉得我应该更加冒险吗?
A:I’m not saying anything else. If give you advice and it doesn’t turn out well, then you’ll blame it all on me!
我不会说其他的了。如果我给了你建议,但如果并不好, 你会全怪我的!
B:No, I won’t.
不,我不会的。
A:Yes, you will.
你会的。
B:No, I promise that I won’t blame you.
不,我保证不会责怪你的。
A:I’d like to see that in writing!
我希望你能把这些话写下来!